Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sketchbook Sunday - February 24

The assignment for the portrait lesson for Art Instruction Schools is coming along nicely, I think. The hair is roughed in, forehead and eyebrows are in, and I'm working on the eye.

I'm making slow progress on the Arabian stallion drawing. I changed the far ear to point forward rather than sidewise, but I'm not sure I like it, so it may go back to the way it was. I fiddled with the shape of the blaze, trying to match it with photos of the real horse.

Some sketching I did this past week. I'm trying to decide how I want the neck to "end" on the Arabian stallion portrait. I think I like the first one best - with the concave shape to the neck. What do you think? Is there a different one you like better?

1 comment:

SunnySD said...

Enjoying watching these progress :) I like the arch to the neck on the last one, and the noses on the first and last ones best. But they all have a sweetness to their expressions that really captures how positive an Arab's attitude can be.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...