Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Daily sketches and finished projects!

Been super busy around here lately - new pickup, new cows, new computer on the way, and an exciting trade on Etsy (but I'll talk more about that when it arrives).

First of all, since I'm just so excited about it, here is my new "hauling stuff to art shows" vehicle:
I've been having to borrow hubby's 4-door for shows, but now I have my own bigger cab with four doors, and I had a tonneau cover put on it too, so I can haul more stuff in the box and not have to worry about it blowing away. It will also be nice to buy gas instead of diesel! I super excited! :)

Now to my daily sketches. I don't have photos up to today, and I don't want to overwhelm you with too many at once either, so here's about a week's worth of them:

On to finished projects:
I posted a while back about my assignment for my course from The Art Instruction Schools. I finished it and sent it off last week. It was the "Drawing Objects" lesson, and the assignment was to draw a "sight-size" shoe. I can't wait to get it back and see what grade I got!


I also posted an in progress shot a while ago of the shirt I was sewing. I've finished that as well and have already worn it a few times. Please forgive my filthy mirror. I didn't notice it until I was editing the photo.


The turquoise cami underneath is not my creation, but I don't dare wear this shirt alone - seems to be a common theme. I'll have to figure out how to alter the patterns for a more modest look.

Anyone else finish any long-term projects lately?

3 comments:

Frannie said...

Good afternoon,
I drove a truck for years....I miss "ole Betsy"
You will love it! Enjoy.

I remember that shoe! I give it an A+

I finished getting my sewing room and office put together. It took some doing but I am all organized and ready for the year. Filing, fabric stashes, paper (by color and size), threads, ribbons etc. All in order. Feels good.

Frannie

Melissa Lynn D said...

Wow, it must be great to have everything organized! I can't seem to keep a system of organization in place for very long even though I know it makes life easier.

Kathryn Dyche said...

The new truck looks sexy, I'm sure that's going to make life a lot easier for you. Love the sketches too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...