Thursday, February 3, 2011

Winter Storm

I've been seeing lots of storm photos, so I'm going to jump on the bandwagon (forgive the spots from shooting through the windows - I was NOT going outside!)
Our front yard - in the summer, I can walk (hunched over) under the lowest branches on that tree.

See that yellow pole on the right side - that's marking one of those gray electrical boxes that stand about 3 ft. tall - it's completely buried.
Luckily, we only use this semi during harvest time. That drift on the right is about 8 ft. deep I'd guess.

Here the sun is shining on all the blowing snow. Those piles are what my husband has pushed out of our yard in just the last couple weeks - before that, he'd hauled all the piles out into the field to make room for what's yet to come. They're taller than my pickup already.
A view across the road to our neighbors. You can kind of make their house which is only about 200 yards away.

There it is - winter in Minnesota! This is worse than what's been typical the last few years, but sad to say, this is probably closer to "normal" of 10-20 years ago.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I really like that last picture! Minnesota Winters may be cold, but they're so gorgeous! :)

Frannie said...

Beautiful pictures. A winter wonderland!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...