Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sewing

I've got something exciting coming up with my art, but so I don't jinx it, I don't want to talk about it until it actually happens. In the meantime, I'm starting a new sewing project. I hit the jackpot at JoAnn Fabrics a few weeks back - I got four yards of patterned satiny fabric, a new set of patterns for some fun summery tops, and the notions for $25!

Cutting the pattern.
 (I made the quilt underneath, isn't it pretty? My second quilt ever, and it's still my favorite!)


Close up of the photo of the top I'm making.



Cutting out the fabric pieces. Love, love, LOVE this fabric!


Starting to sew.


I love my sewing machine! My grandma bought it when my dad was young, she taught me to quilt on it, and when she wasn't able to get to the basement anymore to use it, she gave it to me.


Close up of my super-impressive stitching. :)
Since I learned to quilt first and the stitches don't show with that, I'm having to learn to be more careful about my stitches, especially on projects like this where the thread is going to show on at least some of the colors.


I'm aiming to photograph this project all the way through, so you'll be seeing more of this in the future. :)




Reminder: I have a giveaway going on this week. Go here to enter.

3 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

Your blouse is going to be beautiful . . . great fabric! How is your little bull calf doing? I hope his front legs have straightened out. All of your calves are adorable :) Your giveaway is a great idea and the drawing on the notepad is beautiful.

Melissa Lynn D said...

Thanks! :)
The calf is doing great. He doesn't run and jump like the others, but that could be due to having such a rough start in life (his sister is more subdued than the others too). His legs appear to be fine.

tweal said...

What a pretty top! I can't wait to see the finished version.

I am pretty jealous of your sewing machine, I wish I had one like that. How cool that it's been in your family for so long.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...