Saturday, June 4, 2011

Treasury challenge

A couple weeks ago, I stumbled across the Treasury Challenge Non-team, and this week, I decided to participate.

The basics of how it works is an item is chosen, and anyone who wishes to creates a treasury on Etsy using that item. The judge chooses a winner based on whatever criteria he/she chooses, and the creator of the winning treasury then becomes the judge for the next week, and one of that person's items becomes the inspiration item for that week. It's a really fun idea, so I had to try it.

This week's inspiration item was this heart necklace from Chronopolis on Etsy.

I decided to go with a theme of intricate hearts. I looked through dozens of pages in my search for hearts on Etsy, and chose 16 hearts for my treasury Intricacies of the Heart. Go check it out, and let me know what you think!



If you participate in this challenge, leave me a link to your treasury. I'd love to check it out!


By the way, how are we liking the new blog design? Let me know if you have any problems at all reading this font. I love the hand-written look, but I know sometimes it's hard to read. I tried to choose the most legible, but I do work at a newspaper, and I've learned to be able to read all kinds of bad handwriting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...