Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thank you to a generous artist

A while back, as I was starting to think about what crafts I should choose to teach for vacation Bible school this year, I stumbled across a shop on Etsy with the most beautiful suncatchers/ornaments ever! After a few minutes of looking at them, it crossed my mind that this could be a great crafts for kids! A little nervous about asking, I wrote a note to the seller, explaining that I had no intent of profiting in any way from her ideas, but asking if she would share some tips for making her suncatchers.

The response I got back was more than I could've ever hoped for. I was overwhelmed with tips, suggestions for materials, and links to videos and suppliers.

I decided to go with it, and I spent the past couple days watching kids ranging from 1st-8th grade enjoy this craft! They had to practice a little patience as they had to wait for an adult to bend the end of each wire before starting on the next, but it seems like when they really enjoy a craft, suddenly they have way more patience than you'd ever expect!

So today, I want to give a big THANK YOU to Diane of dragon144 for her tremendous generosity in sharing her craft with 30-40 kids.

A few examples of the fruits of their labor:




And mine:


Here's a few of my favorites from Diane's shop:




Make sure you go check out her shop to see more!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I am SO pleased that the kids had fun (and you, too!)!! I love to encourage anyone of any age to try being creative and learn something new. Making something yourself is a wonderful way to have fun. It can be frustrating at times, but the satisfaction with a finished piece finally achieved is well worth it. I always smile when someone else finds that pleasure :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...