Friday, July 29, 2011

County Fair Reserve Champion!

I love this time of year! I have to admit I went a little nuts in the photography division. Besides having a Picnik account to do some fun editing, the fair board also added a sepia division, so I can now enter four photos of the same subject - color, black and white, sepia, and digitally enhanced!

All told, I entered 21 photos and my drawing of Sawyer which I finished an hour before entering (he'll get his own post next week).

Between the drawing and all the photo cropping, saving, printing, and matting, I've been a little scarce online this past week.

I'll do a more complete report after the fair is over and I have all photos with ribbons back in my possession because there's no way I can remember right now which photo got what ribbon.

But I just couldn't wait until next week to share the big news - I got a reserve champion ribbon! My highest award yet in the photography division!

This was the photo to receive it:


That's my dear grandpa. I took this photo early this month while visiting him in Wisconsin.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...