Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Anniversary contest - Name the Drawing!

Even though I finished this drawing over a year ago, I still haven't been able to settle on a good title for it, hence the theme of my anniversary contest!

Can you think of a name for this drawing?





Post your suggestions here and include a way for me to get in contact with you whether it's an email or Etsy/ArtFire account where I can message you.


Entries will be open through August 22nd. I'll choose the winner on August 23rd and get in touch with you. This is not a random drawing; I will choose the name I like the best.


The prize? Your choice of any one of my pencil prints or photographs. In addition, your options include a print of my new Sawyer drawing or my fair photographs (some limits apply) which are not in my shops yet.


Can't wait to hear your ideas!

4 comments:

Silverlight said...

I'd call it 'Listening'. The horse seems relaxed, but her/his ear is turned toward us although the horse herself seems to be looking elsewhere. I like to think that he/she is aware of us looking at her in the drawing, or that she's listening for her rider's next command.
The relaxed but turned ear is kind of a subtle signal, which people who aren't familiar with horses might miss. I think it would be neat to make them think about why the picture is called 'Listening'.

Pink Fish Designs said...

I don't know anything about horses, really, but the first thing I thought when I saw the picture was "Waiting." To me, it looks like the horse is just waiting patiently.

Citlalli said...

Melissa,
I am so glad you stopped by my blog!! You are so incredibly talented!! And you live in a farm?? How awesome!! That is one of my dreams...I am so glad to meet you!!!

picadilly said...

I would call this 'Distant Thought'.
This beautiful drawing provokes feelings of distant longings for a carefree life..as many of us do.
Lovely work
patricia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...