Sunday, March 25, 2012

An equine photo shoot

Not a very glamorous photo shoot as I didn't give them any time to primp and preen, but the weather was so gorgeous on Saturday that I had to go take some photos. I actually went out to feed the horses, and they were running around kicking up their heels and playing, so I ran in the house for the camera, and wouldn't you know? When I came back, all they wanted to do was eat and stare at the camera.

All shots are straight from the camera except for cropping.

One of the first photos of the day and one of my favorites - my beautiful Sawyer.

Don't let the bored stare fool you - he was scared to death of the beeping and clicking of the camera.

Here's a good example of how shaggy he is. Would you recognize him as the same horse in the Sawyer drawing?

Sawyer has two pint-sized pals in his pen now. One of them, Tango, was the top model of the day with some great close-up shots.

Checkers, on the other hand, was more interested in eating. Here you can see the size difference - note that Sawyer's not a large horse either.

More of Tango. I love what the strong wind was doing with his hair.

By far the best pose I got of Sawyer. If only I'd had a clean background to photograph against.

And little Checkers demonstrating the wind in his hair.

We have two other horses on the place too, Rebel and Tex. You can see them behind Sawyer in one of the shots, but Tex is pretty flighty and not at all mannerly, so I didn't feel much like dealing with him.

1 comment:

Frannie said...

Lovely photos. I just want to reach out and touch their noses.
:)

frannie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...