Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sketchbook Sunday - June 10

Since my work schedule has changed, and Tuesday is no longer the primary day I have to work on my art, I'm going to replace the "What's in My Sketchbook Wednesday" posts with "Sketchbook Sunday" to show what I've done throughout the week.
Here's the first edition:

I think I mentioned before that I had heard of someone who drew an illustration for every page of a novel. I don't intend to do finished pieces as that artist did. I'm only doing maybe 10 min. sketches, but it's a good exercise in creativity. Here's one I've done so far. The book I'm sketching is "Heartland Skies", and on this particular page a bronc fell and was injured during the rodeo.




I've finished the outline of the draft horse and am starting to put in the shading. This is a very large drawing (the paper is 18x24"), so it's going to come along at a slower pace than you're probably used to seeing me work at.


And here's a closeup of the area I've begun to shade.



And finally, a look at the current state of the assignment I'm working on for the Art Instruction Schools. This is the final piece that will be sent in for grading when it's finished.


As always, I welcome critique, and if you see something that just doesn't look quite right, you'd be doing me a huge favor if you pointed it out to me before I get farther along and it's harder to fix.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...