Wednesday, July 18, 2012

2012 Crystal Springs Rodeo

The last weekend in June is one of my favorite weekends of the year - it's the weekend of the Crystal Springs Rodeo near Clear Lake, SD. This is my favorite rodeo ever, and I was extra excited this year because it was my first year with my Canon Rebel!

Here's a look at some of the photos I shot.

Opening ceremonies:

A special award was presented to the Suttons (one of the best known names in rodeo), and they came into the arena in a stagecoach.

Bareback Bronc:



Calf Roping:



Saddle Bronc:



Thanks to a delay because the ambulance had to leave (rodeos cannot continue without an ambulance present), it got dark pretty early, but my camera held up pretty well. I had to sacrifice brightness and clarity for a fast shutter speed, unfortunately.

Steer Wrestling:



Team Roping:



Barrel Racing:



Bull Riding:


Not a clear photo at all, but it was just the right moment to snap the photo!


The Cowboy Girls trick riders performed this year as the special entertainment:

 This gray horse was performing for the first time ever in front of a crowd!



Hope you enjoyed the photos!

1 comment:

SunnySD said...

You got some great shots! I really like the calf ropers and the second bronc rider - nice :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...