Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sketchbook Sunday - July 22

The draft horse continues to come along, but I don't think I'm going to have him done for the county fair which begins on Thursday. I was really hoping, but he's just so big, and I don't want to run the risk of ruining him by rushing.
I got to the mane this week and seriously started questioning WHY I chose to draw this horse - I despise drawing white hair!
Here's his current state:


Neither his mane or ears are finished yet. I had to move on from the mane for a little while, so I started the ears. To give some perspective, I have 45 min. in so far on the mane and 15 min. on each ear. That's why I don't believe I can finish him by Thursday.

In other news:
-I finally called the Art Instruction Schools to check on my assignment. It should be in the mail right now. I'll be receiving lessons 23-28 all at once, and that's everything that's left! Nice to see the end in sight!
-The church sign boards were supposed to be prepped yesterday, and I'm just waiting to receive them.
-I'm working frantically on getting photos ready for the county fair. I went through all 1500+ photos I've taken in the past year, picked out around 50 that I really liked for the eight different categories, and now I have to cull them down to four in each category (color, black and white, sepia, and computer enhanced).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...