Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What's in My Sketchbook Wednesday - Broken

I abandoned all other projects and worked exclusively on my "broken" assignment yesterday. Here's my final practice version done in ink. I'll make a few minor adjustments for the version I send in - the "K" will definitely be changed a bit, and possibly the "B" also, and I'll do the "N" a bit lower on the page, so it doesn't look like it's going uphill. After doing this, I'm feeling better about the inking part. I am very glad I went with simple block letters though, so all I have to do is outline and fill in areas with the ink. I don't feel confident enough with it to do shading or detail with the ink.


What do you think? Can you immediately tell what it says, or are there letters that you have to look at a bit to figure them out?

1 comment:

Frannie said...

Love it. I can read it perfectly....even though it is broken.
Pardon my humor.

Frannie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...