Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What's in my Sketchbook Wednesday - three projects

I had one of those rare days yesterday where I actually feel like I got a lot done. I just love those days, don't you?

I started the actual drawing of the bison commission. He's pretty small (4.25x5.5 inches) and should go pretty quickly. This rough outline is about 20 min. worth of work.
Please let me know if you see anything at all that doesn't look right about him at any point during the process. Since this is a commission, I want him to be absolutely perfect, and artists can't always see their own work objectively.

The broken assignment is finished! Maybe a little bit more erasing of guidelines and a bit of touching up with white paint, but I'm thrilled to have it mostly behind me. I had to put on a third coat of ink which I wasn't anticipating, but it just didn't cover well enough with only two. On to step three of the practical lettering assignment! I'll tell you what that is next week when I have something to show for it.

Since I wanted to let the bison sit for a week with just the outline, so I can look at him with fresh eyes later, I started another ACEO card. This one I'm copying from one of my own photographs. It's a white lily, and I plan to give it a black background to make it really pop. This is half an hour of work.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...