More work done on the lily ACEO. Not sure what I think of it yet, but I decided, however annoying it may be to work on afterwards, I need that black background in in order to really see it. My hope is that, once the black is in, the flower will "pop" enough that I won't have to do a bunch more work on it and risk smudging it with all that soft black graphite.
And.... drum roll please.... My Practical Lettering assignment for the Art Instruction Schools is done! The last part of the assignment went pretty quickly. Honestly, I found it quite dull and kind of sped through it. I love to do calligraphy, but the basic letters with a pen tip that wasn't really wide enough for a lot of contrast in thick and thin lines didn't really interest me, and since I'm just ready to be done with this assignment, I only did three practice alphabets before the final. Got all three pieces of the assignment scanned (because I refuse to redo any more), and they're in the mail today.
The next lesson deals with composing your drawing and how to arrange objects for maximum effect. I think this is a lesson I can learn from, and I'm looking forward to it.