Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My current project and brand new subject for me

I thought it was about time to give everyone a peek of what I'm currently working on - a portrait of my sister's beagle. I've never drawn a dog before (at least not since becoming a "serious" artist), so I was a little hesitant to post photos in case he didn't turn out as planned, but I think he's coming along pretty well. So... here's Beau:
This is the original photo I'm working from - I'm discovering how easy and fast it is to draw when you can copy exactly from a photo. It makes me love taking my own photographs even more!


Here's the drawing so far. The left side is mostly done, and I'm just starting the right side.

And just for fun, a close up of the nose since I love it so much! (Apparently, there was a dog hair laying on it.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent drawing! The dog hair makes it even more realistic...ha!

I have always loved pencil sketches; I wish I had this talent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...