Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Curling up with a mug of cocoa

... I wish! With the single digit temps outside, my drafty old farmhouse isn't exactly pleasant right now. I'm trying to delay going outside, but I will have to at some point as I have a package to mail, and my horse might want to be fed sometime today too! Hopefully, the clunky old diesel pickup will start.

Today, I looked for items that let me at least pretend to be curled up with my cocoa:


Mug Cozies from By Camille

These are so cute! Crochet always reminds me of my great-grandma who taught me to crochet. Even though I haven't crocheted in years (since I took up quilting), seeing crocheted items always makes me smile.



Striped Agate Bracelet from Hog Wild Jewelry

Doesn't that rich brown with swirls just remind you of hot cocoa? Looks good enough to drink!



Brown Agate Necklace from Exquisite Studios

Ditto for this one!


And now that we're all curled up with our cocoa, we'll need a snuggly friend to share it with:


Stuffed Lamb from White Dandelion Works

I think that photo speaks for itself! :)



I did spend some time today in my sewing room/guest room (warmest room in the house - go figure!) working on my current sewing project - a jersey top with one of those strange twists in the front that I could never figure out how they do.... now I know!


The front is done now. The next step is sewing it to the back and then adding the sleeves. I do kind of wish I'd been told how difficult jersey is to work with BEFORE! :) I love the feel of it though, and I can't wait to see how this turns out.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Thanks so much for including my little lamb in your selections today.

Your top looks great! I love the twist!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...