Monday, August 13, 2012

2012 County Fair Photos - Animals


Here's some of the photos I entered in the Yellow Medicine County Fair this year along with a little of their stories.
Each category has four sub-categories - color, black and white, sepia, and digital enhancement, so I have four photos in most of the categories.
I'll be posting photos by category as I finish each post.

Animal Category:

1st place! This photo was taken in March 2012 with my Canon Rebel T3 at my parents' house near Canby, MN. The dog's name is Bailey. She belonged to my little sister's boyfriend, and my sister was dogsitting for the day. She was a hyper Border Collie puppy, and this photo was one of very few moments when she was sitting still. Sadly, she's since been hit and killed by a car.

1st place! This photo was taken in June 2012 with my Canon Rebel T3 at my parents' farm near Canby, MN. The cat's name is Bummer, and he is my mom's youngest "child" and easily the most spoiled of the family. He showed up at their place one day as a kitten and has been much loved ever since. He enjoys waking my mom up at 3 a.m. to be fed or let outside or whatever whim strikes him at the time. He despises her playing violin and will literally jump from the nearest piece of furniture onto her chest to make her stop! He's got quite the personality!

1st place! I took this photo in May 2012 at Jerland Farms near Cumberland, WI, with my Canon Rebel T3. My family was looking in on the baby horses in the barn, and this beautiful mare had such great lighting on her. The only editing I did to the photo was some cropping and softening the background to make the mare's face stand out.

1st place and was considered for the best of show award! This photo was taken in September 2011 at Swensson Farm near Montevideo, MN, with my Fuji FinePix S700. This was the Horse Power event held each year in which horses are used to demonstrate the old method of farming. They plow, dig potatoes, shock corn, rake hay, grind corn, and other things. This horse's name is Mike, and his job for the day was to walk in circles around the corn grinder. Not as glamorous a job as some others had, but he seemed pretty happy about it.


Next up... the people category!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...