Tuesday, August 21, 2012

2012 Yellow Medicine County Fair Photos - Landscape

Here were my entries in the landscape category at the county fair. There's only three since I didn't feel any of my landscape photos looked good in black and white.

1st place! This is one of my personal favorites, and the judge must've agreed because it was in the running for best of show! It's from our trip to Door County this past July and was taken with my Canon Rebel T3 while hiking in Peninsula State Park with my husband, sister, and brother-in-law. This is the kind of hiking I love - walking along flat mulched trails is just so boring. Climbing over fallen trees and scaling natural rock stairs is so much more fun!

1st place! This photo was also taken during our Door County trip. It was the view over Green Bay from the pier in Fish Creek, WI, as the sun set on our first five years of marriage. What a great end to our anniversary! I played with the color intensity a bit, and I love how it turned out!

1st place! And possibly in the running for best of show. It was this one or the rodeo bronc - can't remember which. I still can't believe I took this photo in January in Minnesota! This was my first photo shoot with my Canon Rebel T3, taken on a back road in Freeland Township, Lac qui Parle County, MN. Most years in January, this road would be impassable due to snow.


The 5x7 prints that I displayed in the fair are available for $5 each plus shipping. Nothing wrong with them - they just have the class numbers and placing written on the back. Contact me if you're interested.

Other fair photo posts: Animals and People

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...