Thursday, October 6, 2011

Saying Goodbye

I haven't decided for sure yet, but this might possibly be my last month on ArtFire. I said when I signed up that I'd give it a year, and that's come and gone with only two sales and less than $30 to show for the $72 I've spent on monthly fees.

I love ArtFire. The whole site and all the people are great. There are many things I prefer to Etsy, but Etsy is paying for itself and ArtFire is not. It's getting less than half the hits my Etsy shop is, and the people who do find it are spending less time browsing it.

The problem I find myself in now is that there's 20,000 Meander brochures circulating with my ArtFire shop on them plus the Meander website links to my ArtFire shop. I'd promoted that shop with all my heart, telling myself that if it didn't work out, I could always downgrade to a free account, and all the links would still be good. Now that I don't have that free account option to fall back on, I'm not sure what to do.

So I'll be watching my ArtFire traffic this month to see if the hits stop coming from the Meander site. If I'm still getting lots of hits at the end of the month, I'll maybe keep it open through November. We'll see.

Thank you, ArtFire. I've truly enjoyed my time with you. I sincerely wish it had worked out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...