Monday, October 3, 2011

A-Z - get to know me!

I don't post a whole lot about my personal life. I've always been kind of a private person, especially about putting things out there online, but I'm trying to conquer that fear a little, so here's some random, fun information about me!


A. Age: 28
B. Bed size: Queen
C. Chore that you hate: Washing dishes, even though I have a dishwasher
D. Dogs: Pieper - 4 year old female Border Collie - she's my baby!
E. Essential start to your day: Put in my contacts! I can't read the top E on the eye charts without corrective lenses!
F. Favorite color: Deep cobalt blue
G. Gold or Silver: Depends entirely what's with it - silver with blue or purple, gold with red or green. As evidence of how undecided I am, my wedding ring is both gold and silver!
H. Height: I'm 5'5" on a good day.
I. Instruments you play: I love playing piano and consider myself somewhat good at it. I also own a bowed psaltry (a stringed instrument from biblical times that's played with a bow) though it's got a broken string, and I haven't played it in a few years.
J. Job title: Proofreader, but I am also the primary typist, the subscriptions manager, compiler of the "Days Gone By" column and the receptionist.
K. Kids: See D above.
L. Live: In southwestern Minnesota
M. Middle name: Lynn
N. Nicknames: Missy until first grade when I learned how to spell my full name and Rooney until I got old enough to be embarrassed at being called that in public. No nicknames now.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Just once after a car accident when my sister was kept overnight, and my dad and I slept on couches in the waiting room.
P. Pet peeves: I probably have a lot of them, but related to the art world - people who let their children run wild at a show. While I may not have anything breakable on my table, I don't exactly want sticky fingerprints all over my products. I'm sure the artists with breakables are just cringing.
Q. Quote: "Don't tell me the sky's the limit - there's footprints on the moon." Paul Brandt
R. Right or left handed: Right-handed for everything except dealing cards. For whatever reason, I do that with my left.
S. Siblings: Two younger sisters, Jackie and Becca - the twins eight years apart.
T. Time you wake up: 6:30 - the crazy thing is I used to be a night owl. When I started my current job and had to be at work 30 miles away at 8:00, I became a morning person, and I like it. I am very connected with light, however, and waking up in the dark all winter long is difficult at times.
U. Underwear: What's the question? What type I wear? All I'll tell you is that, even with my underwear, I like colors. The only plain white I own are the ones that came in the multi-packs with others that were colors I liked.
V. Vegetable you hate: Celery. Thus far, it's the only vegetable I've tried that I don't like, though I will eat it in stews/soups. My favorite vegetables include peas, broccoli, cauliflower, and I even liked brussels sprouts when I tried them for the first time recently.
W. What makes you run late: I despise being late! I grew up in a family that was late for EVERYTHING! I didn't know what happened at the beginning of the church service until I was 10 or so. Now, if I'm late for something that's optional, I seriously debate whether to even go.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: My arm when I was about 6 and fell off a couch cushion tower and full body after the afore-mentioned car accident.
Y. Yummy food that you make: I consider myself a pretty good cook, and there's lost of things I make that I really like. This isn't necessarily my all-time favorite, but it's one of my favorites right now:

Thai Noodles:
1 box whole wheat spaghetti
1 Tbs. oil
3 Tbs. peanut butter
1 tsp. ginger
1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne
3 Tbs. hot water
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. sesame seeds
1/2 bag frozen broccoli

Boil spaghetti and steam broccoli.
Combine all other ingredients except seeds and mix until peanut butter is dissolved.
Drain pasta and mix with broccoli and sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Z. Zoo animal: Zebras and okapis (Google them if you don't know what they are - they're worth having a look at!). I haven't been to a zoo in ages but would love to go and get photos of the animals.



If you copy and fill out this survey for yourself, be sure to come back here and give me the link. I'd love to get to know you all better!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...